Some of the links in this post are affiliate links. This means if you click on the link and purchase the item, I will receive an affiliate commission at no extra cost to you. All opinions remain my own.
Are you a mom blogger looking for educational yet funny mom blog topics? Then you have come to the right place. Here are many ideas for a mom blog to get your inspiration flowing.
How do I start a mother blog?
If you are new to the blogging world and want to share your experience as a mother with others, then starting a blog is a good idea. There are many other advantages to blogging, e.g. you can have a blog as a creative outlet while watching after your children. Or you can turn your blogging business into a nice side income.
Here are basic steps for starting a blog:
- Choose a niche (check out other money-making niches here)
- Choose a domain name
- Sign up for hosting and set up a WordPress blog with a simple wizard
- Start writing your first posts
Do mom blogs make money?
Mom blogs can be quite profitable.
What can help a blog to make money? It’s the audience. And mom blogs have a huge potential audience because there are many other moms out there who can relate to your problems and be thankful for any solutions.
There are many ways how to monetize a blog. Some of the most popular ones for mom blogs are display advertising and affiliate marketing.
If you choose to monetize your blog it’s possible to do so right from the beginning. You can sign up for AdSense for displaying Google ads on your blog, as well as mention some of the products that you use and have bought from Amazon (and add affiliate links to them).
You can check yourself what are the most common ways of how mom blogs make money by searching their income reports from the previous month.
What should I blog about as a mom?
Here are blog post ideas for moms which will be a good inspiration for your next post:
- Tell about your pregnancy
- Tips for combating morning sickness
- Foods to avoid while pregnant
- Healthy pregnancy recipes
- Baby shower party ideas
- Gender reveal party ideas
- Write about pregnancy essentials by trimester
- Pregnancy capsule wardrobe
- Pregnancy workouts
- Preparing financially for the new baby
- Gift guide for new moms
- What were the things you regret buying during the pregnancy
- Tell about the birth experience
- What to expect after delivery (for the first time moms)
- What was inside your hospital bag
- What you missed/didn’t need in your hospital bag
- Write about anxiety during pregnancy or when you became a mom
- Self-care after the delivery
- How to get your newborn to sleep
- Why the baby is crying
- How to calm down a fussy baby
- Surviving the first week with a new baby
- Breastfeeding tips and tricks
- How to bathe your baby
- How has your clothing style changed now that you are a mom
- Share your way of relaxing after a stressful day
- How do you practice self-care
- The best self-care products for moms (review)
- What is on your mom bucket list?
- Write about a day in your life – what the schedule looks like
- Review a product that you have discovered or have used for a long time
- Share your tips for choosing a babysitter
- Decorating baby’s nursery
- Family bonding activities
- Budget-friendly kids activities
- How to keep a family budget
- Confess a mom failure
- Write about something difficult or challenging that you have experienced as a mom and how did you overcome it
- Share what you are reading/watching
- Write about the routine that you have created for your child
- What do you do during the nap time
- How do you establish boundaries and keep children disciplined
- Baby clothing review
- Where to buy the best baby clothes
- DIY baby clothes
- Include a guest post from your husband
- Give tips on surviving a vacation/roadtrip with children
- How to make healthy baby foods
- Healthy eating for busy moms
- Share a secret family recipe
- Food storage ideas
- Write about a time when a recipe went terribly wrong
- What are the benefits of homemade baby food
- Baby photography tips and tricks
- Activities for kids that moms can enjoy
- List some ways how to spend quality family time
- Write a how-to post for preparation (for a birthday, going on a vacation, any other event)
- Give tips on meal planning
- Write some tips on saving on groceries
- List healthy snacks that you can quickly make for your children
- How do you keep the romance alive after having children
- List of cheap date-night ideas for new parents
- How to get your children to do chores
- How to make chores more fun for kids
- Life-saving mom products