Some of the links in this post are affiliate links. This means if you click on the link and purchase the item, I will receive an affiliate commission at no extra cost to you. All opinions remain my own.
Druskininkai is a Lithuanian SPA resort town located near the borders of Belarus and Poland. It’s relaxing, has extremely fresh air, offers a lot of different SPA options and other leisure activities that make it popular among Lithuanians and international visitors as well. If you wish to fully enjoy this place, book a weekend trip and try out some of the active rest options available here!
Why is Druskininkai popular?
As you may guess from the title, there are many SPA centers in Druskininkai that offer relaxation and different kinds of treatment to the visitors. They are built here due to the mineral water available in the area.
In addition to the healing water, the area is famous for the fresh air. There are no big industrial centers around Druskininkai. The town is largely surrounded by pine tree forests that are perfect for walks and hikes to soak up nature.
As the people have come to Druskininkai for more than 200 years to renew their energy, heal, or just relax, the town has grown to accommodate the interests of different groups of tourists. Singles, families, young, old, and any other type of people can find something of interest for them in Druskininkai.
There is a waterpark, an all-year-round accessible ski and snowboard area, a cable car, several parks, churches, beautiful villas to stroll by, and, of course, many restaurants for culinary attraction lovers.
The best SPA hotels in Druskininkai
Many hotels in Druskininkai offer SPA procedures, massages, and have pools and jacuzzis with the famous Druskininkai water. Here are some of the best hotel choices:
- SPA VILNIUS Druskininkai – a 4-star hotel is located in the center of the town. Its spa offers an indoor pool with mineral water, saunas, and a selection of body and facial treatments. Each room has stylish furniture and a private bathroom with bathrobes. A superb breakfast is included in each hotel stay and is served in the hotel’s international restaurant.
- Amberton Green SPA – a 5-star hotel that has a Medical and Wellness center offering treatments for sleep problems and chronic fatigue syndrome, and some other problems. In the SPA you’ll also find a pool, sauna, and a fitness area.
- UPA Medical SPA – UPA Medical SPA wellness and relaxation center offers more than 100 different therapeutic and SPA treatments. There is also a pool and a sauna. A fabulous breakfast is usually included in the price of the stay.
- Grand SPA Lietuva – a 4-star hotel located a walking distance away from the Druskininkai Town Museum and Druskininkai aqua park. There are many services including kinesiotherapy and ergotherapy as well as medicinal baths and showers. The hotel guests have unlimited access to the hotel’s own water park with 5 saunas, a wave pool, and a pool for children.
- Europa Royale Druskininkai – housed in a former Russian tsar’s residence, this is a beautiful place for a vacation. Guests can enjoy facial treatments and massages in the on-site SPA. A breakfast buffet is included in the stay. The waterpark, pedestrian street, and the main restaurants in Druskininkai are just a walking distance away.
- Galia – 3-star hotel with a SPA complex including a swimming pool with sauna, steam sauna, and infrared sauna. breakfast usually is included in the price of the stay.
What to do in Druskininkai
Druskininkai is a great destination for the ones who want to relax, enjoy nature, and indulge in rejuvenating activities. In addition to the famous SPA procedures that you can either have at your hotel or at a salon, there are other ways how to renew your energy and the love of life.
Aquapark in Druskininkai
Druskininkai aquapark is quite impressive and offers a wide variety of entertainment. There are many waterslides for adrenaline lovers, 19 different saunas in the bathhouse area, and, of course, several swimming pools and a children’s area.
It’s a perfect way how to spend a day with a family where everyone has different interests. The kids can go to the waterslides while the parents anjoy some sauna rituals, only to meet up for lunch in the cafe.
If you wish to explore everything this aquapark has to offer, a 4-hour visit would be the minimum.
The best time of the year to go to the aquapark are the colder and darker winter months. It’s so nice to be in a warm and fun place without layers and layers of clothes! The holiday beach feeling is always there in the aquapark.
Snow Arena in Druskininkai
Snow Arena is a winter sports complex with an impressive bonus – it is open all year round. There are tracks designed for alpine skiing and snowboarding, and it’s possible to go down the snowy tracks even in the hottest summer months.
The tracks are under a roof, and the temperature is between -2C and -4C.
This is a fun place to learn skiing and snowboarding, as it’s really beginner-friendly. There is a beginner’s track with a carpet lift for the easiest access to the top of the track. It’s also possible to rent almost all of the needed equipment if you don’t have any. You just need to bring some warmer (and preferably waterproof) clothes, as the snowy arena is cold to keep the snow from melting.
A walk through Druskininkai
Druskininkai is a nice town to have a walk. There are several notable churches to see, a pedestrian street, and even a cable car if you want to see forests around Druskininkai from a birds-eye view.
During summer it’s nice to enjoy some water activities on Druskonis – the small lake near the center of the town. There are boats available, or you can just stroll in the nearby Vijunele Park and enjoy nature.