Some of the links in this post are affiliate links. This means if you click on the link and purchase the item, I will receive an affiliate commission at no extra cost to you. All opinions remain my own.
Writers block is a real thing when it comes to writing a new blog post. Here you’ll find a lot of blog post ideas for lifestyle bloggers so that your imagination can do it’s thing and help you to write your next best blog post.
In addition, I’ll chat a bit about what is a lifestyle blog and how you can make money with it.
Of course, making money with the blog is not the main goal, but it gives you motivation to write better posts to your audience so that they would return to read more. And that’s a win-win – you serve better your readers and get to use the money to upgrade your lifestyle and maybe try some things on the blog that you otherwise couldn’t afford.
What is a lifestyle blog?
There is no clear definition of what a lifestyle blog is. However, there is a general notion that a lifestyle blogger writes in multiple niches about the things that interest them or are happening in their lives.
Some of the best lifestyle bloggers thrive on documenting and curating their lives in a relatable way so that they can build a closer personal relationship with readers.
So posts on a lifestyle blog are more about you and your personality than any specific niche. You can curate wardrobe essentials, write about your travel experiences and recommendations, talk about books you’ve read, or parenting advice. Even if these are separate niches there will be an overlying theme of how it all fits together – and it will be held together with your personality and authenticity.
How do I start a lifestyle blog?
If you are new to the blogging world and want to share your lifestyle guides and experiences with others, then starting a blog is a good idea. There are many other advantages to blogging, e.g. you can have a blog as a creative outlet while watching after your children. Or you can turn your blogging business into a nice side income.
Here are basic steps for starting a blog:
- Preferably choose a niche (check out other money-making niches here) so that you could be more focused and not write about everything under the sun
- Choose a domain name
- Sign up for hosting and set up a WordPress blog with a simple wizard
- Start writing your first posts
How do lifestyle bloggers make money?
One of the best ways how to determine how bloggers in any niche make money is looking for their newest income reports.
Here are some of the most popular ways how lifestyle bloggers can earn money.
The obvious way is to show ads on your blog. It may lead to a worse experience for the readers, but this still is one of the leading ways how bloggers earn money.
But showing ads will be a good source of income if you have a lot of traffic. If you are just beginning, showing ads will get you a few dollars a month, and in the same time will scare away the potential readers. So choose carefully the best time when to turn on the ads.
Chances are, you’ll be blogging about some products that you use. These can be anything – what you use in your make-up routine, which is your favorite camera for travel, or what kind of cushions have you chosen for your sofa. When you talk about products, you can add a link to them so that your readers can but the products as well. Make the link traceable to you and this is affiliate marketing.
It’s a win-win. Your readers can buy the thing that they see on your blog and want to use as well. There is no extra cost for them. You get a small commission for recommending the thing. And the creator of the product gets to sell more of their product.
You can consciously craft your blog posts to be suitable for affiliate marketing. Here are some blog post types that do well with selling products.
And here you can check out some of the most popular affiliate platforms where you can sign up to be an affiliate and promote products to your readers.
And don’t forget to disclaim to your readers that the products in your blog posts have affiliate links!
If you have a bit more established blog you can collaborate with brands. Sponsored posts are what they sound like – a brand pays you to include their product in your blog post.
This collaboration can come in different ways. Some brands offer you a free product in exchange for you writing about it. Other brands pay you for creating the blog post as well.
You can create your own products to mention on your blog and sell to your readers.
These can be either digital or physical.
You can create eBooks or printables just about anything – planners, checklists, recipes, itineraries, budgeting and so on.
And you can also create designs for T-shirts, bracelets, mugs, and other merchandise.
What should I post on my lifestyle blog?
Here are blog post ideas for lifestyle blogs which will be a good inspiration for your next post:
- 5 Hacks how you save time
- What are your hobbies? How did you get interested in them?
- Your worst breakup story and how you recovered from it
- 7 Things you can’t live without
- Clothing haul – what have you purchased this season?
- 24 Hours in your city
- Your favorite beauty products right now
- How do you plan your vacation
- Your tried and tested tips for decluttering
- 3 people you admire and why
- Gift guide – what would you suggest to give on a specific occasion
- What’s in your bag
- What are your family traditions
- What’s on your nightstand
- Your favorite snacks (bonus points if they are healthy)
- Your favorite photo of all time and why
- Podcasts your readers need to listen to
- Which activities put you in a good mood
- What’s on your wish-list
- Your go-to outfit for summer/autumn/winter/spring
- Give a tour of your workspace
- Review a book that you’ve read recently
- What’s in your carry-on when going on a beach vacation
- Favorite food roundup
- What’s your biggest failure and how did you overcome it
- How did you decorate your home
- Review a TV show that you’re watching now
- Your bedtime routine
- How do you save money (and which tips don’t work)
- Top 5 books you’ve read
- Your most memorable birthday
- Where do you see yourself in 5 years
- The best TV shows you’ve seen
- Your outfit of the day
- Give a tour of your wardrobe
- 10 things you would bring to a deserted island
- Your life goals and how did you set them
- How do you balance your work life and family life
- Your favorite quotes
- How do you dress up for a party
- Your proudest moment
- 100 things you are thankful for
- Your idea of a perfect day
- 5 Ways how you save money on groceries
- Why did you start a blog
- Your favorite go-to stores
- 3 Fitness routines on Youtube you have done and recommend
- Your morning routine
- Day in the life
- What is your dream job
- How do you stay organized
- What do you eat in a day
- iPhone photography tips
- What do you spend in a week
- Your biggest success in life so far and how did you achieve it
- Your best beauty hacks
- Lessons learned from your family
- Top 5 apps that you use on your phone
- Organization hacks at your house
- Share a list of resources which helped you to learn a certain skill
- What you don’t know about me
- What advice would you give to 20-year old self (or any other age a decade ago)
- Places you want to visit
- Tech devises you use and recommend
- Your bucketlist before 30 (or some other age)
- The worst tech purchases
- Your pets – how did you get them and what quirks do they have
- Your favorite travel destinations
- How do you relax after a long day
- What is your favorite foolproof recipe
- The best trip you’ve ever taken
- Your self-care routine
- Compare two products you have used and pick a winner
- How you manage your social media
- What are the things you do with your friends
These are ideas for inspiration, but you shouldn’t make the blog post titles just about yourself. Titles are meant to intrigue a potential reader to click on them and read more. Here is my favorite title generator – it can help you to craft some great headlines quite fast.
Other blog post ideas: